Saturday

Chuck- A- Rama's/ St. George, Utah

Chuck -A-Rama
127 North red Cliff drive
(435)673-4464


My daughter, JJ and myself went to Chuck -A-Rama's today. I can't say it was the best I have ever had. I would use the word "feeding troff" when describing today's fiasco. I may have felt that way today because it was wall to wall people and it was like they were afraid the food was going to be gone at that exact moment in time... 


Chuck-A-Rama's is a buffet style place and for the most part the food is very good. Many of the items are what one would consider "home cooking" types of recipes rather than fine dining offerings. I would say the best items they have in my opinion is the lemon dessert on the salad bar area and the fried chicken.  My daughter Jessica likes it there because they serve butternut squash, which is difficult to find around here. They do offer fresh rolls and yummy desserts. I try to stay away from these however for the most part. Out of all the things I chose for today's meal, I think only one item was not good whatsoever and that was the lasagna. There was something not right with it. There was this weird feeling to it, kinda like the crunch you have when you chipped a tooth and it was gritty. That is NOT something I would want to ever have again. In addition to that, it wasn't hot and the cheese was not melted. It was actually quite nasty all in all. 


Now the drink options are great. Whatever your poison is, you will find it there. You can find Pepsi, Coke, Juices, Milk, Teas, Coffee, Hot Cocoa and Water as your choices... There are so many choices that I don't even recall them all to list here. From looking on their website, they offer over 40 choices... Kudos to them for that :) 


As for customer service, it was horrible. By the time we left, we had all of our plates on the table. I was thinking the waiter never came to the table because  they had a huge crowd. Then I looked over and it was someone else's section. He did come over and give one refill and that was it, nothing more, nothing less. If we would have had a good waiter, I think today's experience may have been different and it is a place I would go to again, but not to this waiters section. 


One nice thing about Chuck-A-Rama's is that they have a really cute country style decor going on. It is a step above most of the buffets I have been into. You will notice that it adds to the warmth of the place. 


Overall Experience: 


Service: Not great! At least today's service wasn't. However I have been here before and the service was much better. 
Price: On the Average it is around 10.00 which includes beverages and kids 3 and under eat free... Major plus if you have a family or picky eaters. 
Cleanliness: One of the best buffets when it comes to being clean and nicely decorated. 
Hours: They are open Monday -Saturday 11-4 for lunch and Monday -Saturday 4-9pm for Dinner and on Sundays they are open from 11am-8pm.  


Additional Notes: For the most part you will find just about anything you are wanting at Chuck-A-Rama's... If you don't care about getting all of your drinks and such, it is a good deal for what you pay and the food is good. You can check out their website for actual menu items and more information. 



1 comment:

  1. Best things at chuck a rama, for me, are the hot legs and the cream of spinach soup. So yummy! Their sugar free chocolate cookies are actually really good as well. I don't normally eat sugar free things (don't like sugar substitutes) but I always get those.

    And I love that Chuck a Rama has APPLE BEER! Not often you find apple beer at the soda fountain (which for those unfamiliar with apple beer, is not Beer, it's soda. Like root beer, only apple flavored)

    ReplyDelete