Wednesday

Red Dog Cafe- Dammeron Valley, Utah


With Great Sadness the Red Dog Cafe closed it's doors on September 24th, 2011... We will miss them in our community... Good luck Danny and Andrea and the gang. 


I have to say that this is my most favorite place to eat at. When you walk into the Red Dog you feel like you came home. I love the atmosphere and the food is home-style cooking. I went to their Facebook page and pulled this information up from their description: 


Where home-style cookin' meets authentic slow-smoked BBQ for the best food from sun-up to sundown in Southern Utah! (just 15 minutes from St. George, up Snow Canyon.)

1090 N Highway 18
Dammeron Valley, UT 84783
(435) 574-3600



My  husband and I decided to go out for breakfast at the Red Dog today. We eat breakfast at funny times and it is great that you can have it anytime at the Red Dog Cafe. If my grandson JJ knew we went here, he would not be impressed, he loves this place too... 

Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs
Today we both ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs. I would have to say that they have the best Chicken Fried Steak around. I have been to many places where it taste like it came out of a bag that was shipped from a place that uses cardboard as the main ingredient. That is not the case at the Red Dog.  The Chicken Fried Steak was thick, not dry and topped with country gravy.  Although I must warn you that this is a dish that can satisfy even the hungriest person and they are very generous in serving this breakfast. With this choice it comes with hash-browns, toast and eggs. I also ordered Rye Toast, my eggs were medium well and hash-browns. My eggs were perfect! I am so picky about my eggs and I have issues if they are served all slimy. I won't go into what I think about slimy eggs, but lets just say NASTY! Everything was hot, fresh and delicious. 


Debra
I think I caught our waitress by surprise when I told her I was going to do a food review of the Red Dog today. Normally I don't mention names in my reviews, but I got her permission and her picture. Our waitresses name was Debra and she is a hoot.  Even the first time she served us, it was like we have known her forever. She has a great personality and is fast and getting items to where they need to be... If you happen to go in there and see Debra,  make sure you say hey, I betcha she will say hey back :) 


Pies... Oh my goodness, there is no way to forget the pies at the Red Dog Cafe. Although I had breakfast I had to finish it off with a piece of freshly made Coconut Cream Pie... Heaven is the only way to describe the pies there... When I get to Heaven, I know there has to be pies from the Red Dog there and there will be Coconut Cream, Black Forest Cheese Cake, Chocolate and Banana Cream and that is to only name a few of the many selections they offer there... I wasn't able to finish my pie, but what I ate was out of this world good... 


There is only one negative about the Red Dog and that is my own personal thing... If you all have read my reviews, I am a Pepsi person and they serve Coke products. But they do have Ice Tea, Coffee, Water and I am sure there are other things there... 

Over all Experience: 

Service: Wonderful 
Price: Very Affordable and they have coupons in the Dixie Direct as well as daily specials. I used my Dixie Direct today and got one of our meals free. They do sell them there if you are looking for one... Way worth the price and pays for itself the first couple times you use it. 
Cleanliness: Very Clean
Atmosphere: You will find this is a family friendly place that is run mostly by family members. When you come in you can hear the wood crackling in the fireplace, wood floors and cute pictures of the owners bull dog... 

Additional Note: If you don't see something on the menu, do not be afraid to ask. Many times I have had to have something special and they have gone out of their way to accommodate my special diet.  Everything is made fresh there and although I did have breakfast one of my favorite menu items are the ribs... You have got to try these melt in your mouth ribs. You will not be disappointed. 

Dammeron Valley is about 15 miles out of St. George as you are heading towards Pine Valley, but it is well worth the trip... Please note that they are closed on Sunday and Mondays... 



I came across this video on youtube when looking for their address... What a find that was, lol... Now it makes me even more hungry and I just got back from there... I wonder if they would consider a delivery of yummy ribs, lol JK Red Dog... 
...


4 comments:

  1. We have never tried this place but have gone past it on our way to Pine Valley. The pies look really good and we will be sure to try the ribs when we go. Thanks for doing reviews on restaurants in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... that was great stuff.. I really like reading on this subject Could you tell me more on that... I love to explore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Southern Utah Homes... Thanks for the comment... We try our best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. Doggy Grooming

    ReplyDelete