Thursday

Taco Bell- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Today my husband and I went to Taco Bell on Sunset Blvd. 
The Address is 1418 West Sunset Blvd, St. George - (435) 674-2314


We went to lunch around noon or so and there was only one other couple in the restaurant... Chuck and I went over to the counter and ordered. I decided to order healthy and he ordered not so healthy... 


I decided to order off of the Fresco Menu... Which means there is no cheese or sauces on the items from this list. 


Healthy; 
Fresco Chicken Soft Taco- It was pretty good, but needed to have sauce added... So I toped mine with the fire sauce. Much better, otherwise it was kinda bland for my taste. 
  • This choice was 170 calories of which 35 of those were fat calories. It had 4 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated and 680 mg of sodium and 22 grams of carbs and 3 grams of sugar...  

Fresco Crunchy Taco- I think Taco Bell has the better shells out of all the places in town. Other than that, my taco was lacking in substance. I took pictures of it and it was barely a 1.4 of a inch thick. Now granted, Taco Bell has pretty low allowances on the weights of each item they put into a taco or other items. I use to work for Taco Bell, and even according to their standards, mine was not close to those standards. 
  • This choice has 150 calories of which 70 are fat calories. It has 7 grams of fat and 2.5 grams of saturated fats. It comes in at 350 mg of sodium and 13 carbs and 1 gram of sugar. 
Total Calories: 320 calories
Total Fat: 11 grams of fat
Fat Calories: 105 calories from fat
Total Carbs:  35 total carbs
Total Sodium: 1030 mg of sodium
Total Sugar: 4 grams of sugar

Not Healthy; 

I also ordered a not so healthy option... It was the specialty that was posted on their windows. I decided to add this option to my order. I thought it tasted good, but it looked nothing like the picture. It pretty much looked like someone threw up in my burrito... But then again, how many times does our food look like that when we get it in our grubby little hands. 

Beefy Crunch Burrito 
Beefy Crunch Burrito; Layers of seasoned ground beef, rice, warm nacho cheese sauce, reduced fat sour cream and Flamin’ Hot Fritos wrapped in a warm, flour tortilla. This is what the description was on their website...  I went to thier website and it doesn't show the nutritional guide for this item... I can only imagine how many calories and fat is in this item... Maybe it's a good thing I don't know... 

My husband Chuck ordered what he always orders. He ordered a Steak Quesedilla without sauce, Beef Enchirito minus the onions and a basic crunchy taco with a 32 ounce Mountain Dew.  So lets break down his meal. Chuck was pretty much happy with his order. This is one of a very few times they never messed up his order... Seems to happen alot at this location. 
  • Steak Quesadilla W/O Sauce; This choice has 520 calories of which 250 of those calories are from fat. It has 28 grams of fat and 12 grams of saturated fat. It also comes in at a whopping 1250 mg of sodium, 41 carbs and 3 grams of sugar. 
  • Beef Enchirito W/O Onions; This choice has 350 calories of fat and 150 fat calories. It comes in at 17 grams of fat and 7 grams of Saturated fat. It also offers 35 carbs, 1380 mg of sodium and 2 grams of sugar... 
  • Crunchy Taco- This choice has 170 calories of which 90 calories are from fat. There is also 10 grams of fat and 3.5 grams of saturated fat. This option also has 330 mg of sodium and 12 carbs and 1 gram of sugar. 
  • 32 oz Mountain Dew- Empty calories here... This choice has 420 calories, 109 carbs and 109 grams of sugar. YIKES and Double YIKES.... 
Total Calories: 1460 calories
Total Fat: 55 grams of fat
Fat Calories: 490 calories
Total Carbs: 197 total carbs
Total Sodium: 2960 mg of sodium
Total Sugar: 115 grams of sugar

For More Nutritional Information go to their website... 

Over all experience; The store was pretty clean for the most part, but there was only a couple guests in here... I did like the cashier. It seemed like there were a few hazards around the store... I would have thought they were because of the rain had it not been that I go to this location from time to time. The ceiling tiles were a mess, some were missing, water leaking and wires hanging out.... Things like this. You would think eventually they would come and fix these issues since they are ongoing.  There was wet floor signs up, which is a good thing. They serve Pepsi, which is a plus...  I must say that alot of times this location would smell really bad or would be smoky. Neither of those things existed today. 

If you are looking for half way decent food in my opinion, Taco Bell has some great prices and they have a decent Why Pay More menu... My husband thinks Taco Bell is The PLACE to eat... He loves it, and I tolerate it, lol... 

This is one of those reviews that is Good and Bad- Depends on who you talk to... If you talk to my husband who eats whatever is in front of him for the most part and Taco Bell can do no wrong, then you will love it... On the other hand, it is not up there on my list of must go places... 

3 comments:

  1. I have had bad service at the Taco Bells in St. George. Very few times have we had no mistakes as you have said. I won't eat at any of the locations because the General Managers are rude and they are more concerned with getting you out of the restaurant than quality and customer service. I agree about the smell in the Taco Bell on Sunset. It stinks and you never know if something is going to fall down on you while eating. It use to be better about 7-8 years ago. Not anymore. There is no pride with the management. I would be curious to find out what happened that made it go from the best Taco Bell to the worst Taco Bell in St. George. Maybe someone can answer that for me. Thanks Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Taco Bells down here are now owned by a company called Desert Del Oro. They were owned by Es-O-En. I used to work at the location on Sunset as a Senior Assistant Manager from 2001 until 2003 when I was promoted to General Manager and eventually moved to North Carolina in 2004 I took a great deal of pride in my work and the store that I managed. I think a lot of the problem is they go though managers a lot. The managers that they do hire don't have pride and are not properly trained. I believe that the people that do the hiring just hire the "General Managers" just to fill a spot instead of hiring quality people that actually care about the store that they managed. I have noticed when going into the location ceiling vents with dust caked on. One time half the lights were not on, bathrooms stunk, wires hanging down from the ceiling, tables a mess and the supposed manager with no personality, there have been other times where the employees are not doing anything except for standing around talking. I also get my order messed up everytime I visit the location on Sunset or they are out of something. I worked for the new company when I moved back and found it to be a different Taco Bell altogether. I think Taco Bell needs to go back to actually caring about the customer and stop caring so much about the drive thru speed of service. A little side note- If I was ever given an opportunity to work for Taco Bell and manager the store on Sunset I would do it in a heartbeat. No questions asked. I can guarantee that the store would be the best Taco Bell around her again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that alot has changed and not for the better. They do offer some good deals for those on a tight budget. Maybe something will happen that will cause them to take a different approach. It's not always about numbers and speed. You can be as fast as you can be, and if you suck at customer service, it makes no difference. We use to go there all the time, but not anymore.

    ReplyDelete