Monday

Rachel's Coffee - Washington Utah

Rachel's Coffee

471 W. Telegraph in Old Town and Country next to WalMart
WashingtonUT84780



When you come to Rachel's and if you aren't familiar with the city of Washington, I would suggest you look for the old western town nestled next to the Walmart.  I loved the look of the buildings that surround Rachel's. It kinda reminds me a a mini Old Tucson.  The Town and Country setting has so much charm it will make you want to bring your horses and wonder where the hitching posts are located. I didn't find the hitching posts, but there is a parking area and from the looks of it, you can park on the street. 


Come on in and kick off your shoes seems to be what this really cute coffee shop is screaming. You feel like you are at home from the moment you open the door till the time you leave. 



Rachel's Coffee has a very homey feel to it. As soon as we came in my grandson was hearing the sofa calling his name and plopped himself down on the couch and grabbed a book to read. He is only three, so it was more of looking at pictures. He was enjoying Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. 



Today I decided to try the hot chocolate with mint in it. There is no way in my way of thinking to go wrong when you put chocolate and mint together. The combination is like a marriage in Chocolate Heaven... Simply irresistible! Even my grandsons Marvin the Martian was enjoying my hot chocolate. I am not a person that likes things that are overly sweet, but this was the perfect blend of chocolate and mint in my personal opinion.



 My brother in law ordered hot chocolate with caramel. He seemed to really enjoy his choice. I am not a huge caramel fan, however I tried his and it was very good.  My grandson loved his choice as well. He went for the never fail apple juice. I was very happy to see that they offered choices for children. I was wondering about this knowing I was doing a review of them. Since JJ comes with me on alot of my food adventures, it's nice to know there is something for the little man. 


Door from the ReStore
Rachel also has a very cute theme going with her Coffee Shop and I was quite impressed. She tries to use as much stuff from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I absolutely love going there and seeing what I can find and make something out of something someone else didn't want or need any longer. The Restore is located at Southwest Utah ReStore, HFH of, 267 E 1400 S St George, UT 84790, Phone:, (435) 628-4041. Click here to find out more about Habitat for Humanity and all the services they offer in our area as well as around the world... 



Rachel's has many thing to offer just about anyone. They don't serve soda, however they are available at the little store next to it. You can go to Rachel's and get one of a kind gifts. I thought the little cupcake socks were adorable. I may have to go back in there and get one for a friend. Rachel stated that her mom made them. I love homemade gifts and what better than a gift that mom makes?  There are neat little finds all over the Coffee Shop. You can also find Rachel's Coffee on facebook... Check out the specials and all the other interesting things they offer.







Daily Specials
JJ Enjoying the Tree and Lights


























Rachel's Hours of Service


Mon - Thurs: 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fri - Sat: 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sun: 6:00 am - 1:00 pm


Overall Rating

ServiceExcellent:
Cleanliness: Really Clean
Price: Good- Better than most other coffee shops
Atmosphere- I really liked the atmosphere. I reminiscent of going over to a friends house and being welcomed into their home and kitchen. You know you belong and are family. 


Overall: A very positive experience. They have it where you can have meetings and groups over there. I am thinking I need to work on a much needed project and finalize all the details and hold it at Rachel's. This is a 100% thumbs-up... They have been open for two months and I can foresee them being around for a long long time.. 


4 comments:

  1. It's close to me plus there's a car wash & gas pumps which are usually one of lowest around. So you can fill your car wash it & sit down with a warm drink. Can't beat that

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great point! I was going to put that in the review. Next time maybe I should get my car washed. Kind of a cool idea and a nice place to hang out while getting the car done and Chuck goes that gas station to fill up the van. Maybe I should have checked to see how much a car wash is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna go try the hot chocolate. lets go sometime and veg with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure, we can go do that... I think they will have alot of fun with that... I may have to wash my car at the same time too

    ReplyDelete