Friday

Olive Garden- St. George Utah


Today my daughter Jessica, my grandson JJ and I went to the Olive Garden for lunch. We went to the only location in Washington County and that is 1340 E 170 S, St George. It is located across from Wingers and Cattycorner from Applebee’s. It also shares the parking lot with Target. I wasn’t feeling so great, so this is more of a review from my grandson’s and daughter’s perspective.

First of all I want to say how nice it is to have an Olive Garden finally in St. George. When we moved here from Arizona, this is the place that we missed the most and for a good reason. They have yummy breadsticks, soups and salads. Their pasta and meat dishes we have found for the most part are excellent.

When we first entered the restaurant, the door was opened for us and we were greeted with a smile from the gentleman at the door and we were immediately seated. For the most part the service was good. It was a bit slower then usual. We had to wait to get our drinks ordered. Once we got our drinks ordered and our food ordered. The soup came out first and then not too soon after that, the main course. I wish they would have waited until we had our soup eaten. There isn’t much room on the table for all the food and it gets in the way. Overall, the service was ok like I said, just not what it usually is when it comes to the waitress. But the food was awesome as always.


Today I ordered the Ravioli di Portobello. If you love Portobello Mushrooms you will love this Portobello mushroom-filled ravioli in a creamy smoked cheese and sun-dried tomato sauce. This is one of those dishes that are very easy to eat and you don’t feel like you have over eaten. It’s just the right amount of food and you will have some to take home. Each of the raviolis’ is stuffed with more then enough Portobello Mushrooms. The cost of this dish is $10.95. This dish is topped with green onions and finely diced tomatoes. Enjoy their freshly baked garlic breadsticks and your choice of homemade soup or garden-fresh salad with any entrée. I always go with my favorite and chose the Zuppa Tascano Soup. You will find a good amount of sausage, kale, potatoes, onions and other spices to add life to this wonderful soup. I could go to Olive Garden just for the soup and be completely content.
My daughter Jessica ordered the Tour of Italy. She was very pleased with her selection and had plenty to take home. Here selection came with homemade lasagna, lightly breaded chicken parmigiana and creamy fettuccine alfredo. I think her favorite must have been the chicken parmigiana. That was the first thing she dug into and was gone. The rest came home with us and my niece had a great lunch for after school. Although I’m not sure how it can be homemade if it is made in a restaurant. The cost of her meal was $14.95. She did have a coupon for $4.00 off a dinner entrée. She found her coupon in the Sunday newspaper.

Now, for the most important person in our dinner party, let me introduce my grandson JJ. JJ ordered Spaghetti and had a good time eating my raviolis. He loved it… As you can tell by the look on his face, he was having a good time with each noodle. He loved the soup too and he even took a few bites out of a Black Tie Mousse Cake.
Sandie's Rating System:

Product Quality- Very Good
Price
- Somewhat Moderate - Expensive
Location- 1340 E 170 S, St George
Service- OK, Not Great Though
Speed– Started off Slow, but got faster
Cleanliness- Very Clean
Atmosphere- We love the atmosphere at Olive Garden

Final Thought:
If you are a tea drinker, then you should try the Peach Bellini. It is very good. I didn’t have it today, but 9 times out of 10 I order this drink since they serve Coke Products. I must warn you that it is sweet enough without adding sugar. I made that mistake the first time, yuck and double yuck.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Tour of Italy and the chicken is usually the 1st thing to go also. I hope the next time you go there that you order the black tie moose as a "BullWinkle" and see if your waiter can see what that is. That is what my parents do and it is so funny to see the expressions.

    ReplyDelete