Thursday

Made in Brazil Brazilian Steakhouse- St. George, Utah



My brother in law and I were thinking about going out to dinner last night. Since we had the Dixie Direct Card we decided it was a good time to try something different. Since a number of people have asked me to do a review on the Brazilian Steakhouse, we decided the time was now… So off we go wondering what to expect. We have never had Brazilian food before and this was something different for sure.

The Made in Brazil Brazilian Steakhouse located in the Phoenix Plaza on Bluff and Sunset. The exact address is 929 West Sunset Blvd. The Brazilian Steakhouse is not your ordinary steak house. At some restaurants, by the time you get to eat your cut of meat, the meat has a tendency to fail to deliver the right amount of flavor and may not be hot. That is not the case here.

The giant skewers of meat are rotisserie-cooked meat The giant skewers of meat are rotisserie-cooked meat; all cooked over a mesquite charcoal pit. they are carved and served directly from fire to your plate.; they are carved and served directly from fire to your plate.

We started out with the salad bar, which I loved. They had a good variety to choose from. You will find some interesting and tasty choices. I really enjoyed the black beans with beef. It had a very pleasing flavor to them.
Guests of Made in Brazil, Brazilian Steakhouse will use a wooden cue to let the servers know when they are ready for the next skewer of meat. Place the green side up, and the servers will continue to bring skewers to you. Place the cue on the red side when you are too full to eat another bite! This makes it nice to set your own pace and relax.

When you are finished eating and had your fill, turn the cue to the flat side to let the waiter/waitress staff will then bring your check.

A bit of advice -- Try a little at a time or you will run out of room before you have gotten a chance to try all the varieties of meat. I was so full, I didn't get to try them all. And don’t forget to turn the wooden cue over of they will keep feeding you and you will need to loosen that belt.

Some of the Meats Offered Are:


* Prime Rib
* Ham- My Favorite
* Chicken wrapped in bacon
* Tenderloin w/garlic
* Top Sirloin
* Lamb
* Chicken
* Pork Sausage
* Pork Loin
* Chicken hearts upon request (Dinner Only)
* Pineapples


More Information: Lunches are priced at $11.99 , kids 5-11 are $5.99 and Dinner is $18.99, kids 5-11 are 9.99 .... If you have the Dixie Direct Card, they offer a buy one get one free. But if you go for dinner, they will discount your bill for the $11.99. They also offer more meats on the dinner menu, its is a meat lovers delight, lol. They serve Pepsi products and have a variety of other choices as well like limeades and alcoholic drinks. We didn't have any dessert, but they looked yummy.I was too full after we ate to get desserts.

There are many, many options, check out The Phone Book for more information and menu items. You can find it on page 788.


Sandie's Rating System:


Product Quality- Very Good
Price- Moderate - You pay for what you get
Location- 929 West Sunset Blvd, St. George, Utah
Service- Excellent
Speed– Pretty Fast- Sometimes too fast :)
Cleanliness- Very Clean
Atmosphere- Fun and Inviting, Something Different

If you have come here via The Spectrum, thank you for visiting us, and your comments and suggestions are welcome

10 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful and worth trying. We will have to try it for a date soon. Thank you for the recommend. It was nice to listen to you type it out as we are talking on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to add on there it is a buffet - that you don't pay for each of the different kinds of meat you devour! :) Also, add the times they were open for lunch and dinner. We went the other day and were bummed to find they were closed at 3:30pm. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, their hours of operation need to be better publicized. My dear husband and I went for lunch aroud 3:30 and were also greeted by a closed door. I'm going for lunch tomorrow with a friend and I hope it's as good as we have heard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first experience here got me very sick so I gave it another chance & have to admit that the outcome was the same. Just don't eat the meat & you should be fine.???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went and it was fantastic !! about 20.00 each all the little bits of this and that . that you might never of tried normally I love the drink I had too Ithink it was like resp. limeade and the dessert was awesome too

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dude who got sick twice from the meat was just cause he went in the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror! Get over yourself!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife and I have eaten here a few times for lunch and dinner. There are too many fried foods served at the buffet. Also, too many American dishes made available. The pork products should never be eaten, as my wife had indigestion from eating the sausage. Other items on the menu, i.e. drinks and desserts, are not up to the quality you would expect regarding taste and price. This restaurant isn't worth the risk. Panda Express, anyone? With this fast food chain, you can get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What happened to Made in Brazil?? It was one of our favorite evenings out in St. George. Went last night (Fri. Jan 8) only to find it closed down with a "For Lease' sign in the window. Very disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made in Brazil closed for some time and has now reopened. My husband and I went there for our anniversary and I have to say that it wasn't as good as when I did the first review. I also got sick the last time I was there... I'm not sure if it was just me or what? I'm unsure if they changed management or what happened... Might be worth looking into though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As an added note: They are offering a special in the Dixie Direct and are open... I plan on going there again when I am feeling better just in case had a bad experience before because of not feeling good... The meat choices are awesome though :)

    ReplyDelete