Tuesday

Burger King "Angry Whopper"- St. George, Utah


This review is for Burger King, or should I say the quote unquote Angry Whopper. The location of the Burger King I went to was 1185 S Main St, St George, UT.


I don’t have cravings for Burger King very often, but last week was different, I had a huge Whopper craving last week and I gave in and purchased the Angry Whopper. My curiosity has been fulfilled and I no longer crave this burger. With the name Angry Whopper, you would expect this burger to be one really hot, where the tears run down your face. Even though it had jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, spicy onion rings, and a spicy Angry Sauce, the Angry Whopper is far from being angry. The angry onions look like they are just cut up onions rings. It was on the side of a cat running with its tails between its legs.

You might want to think about the calories and fat in this burger. It contains over 880 calories, and that doesn’t include the fries. The total fat is over 55 grams, saturated fat is 18 grams, Sodium is 1670 grams, carbohydrates are 59 grams and Tran’s fat is 2 grams. I can’t even think about what the nutritional facts would be for the double and triple patties. Wow, that makes me want to not think about eating that. I wonder how many miles or workout hours I would need to get rid of those calories. Oh, and if you get the fries for the Combo Meal, add an additional 359 calories, 20 grams of fat, 592 grams of sodium, and 41 grams of Carbohydrates for a medium order of fries… You better drink water or a diet soda in order to not add more… Or go all out and order a Coke product. I guess sometimes looking at nutritional facts is not a good thing, or maybe it is a preventative. I guess it depends on how you look at it, lol.
I thought the flavor was good. But nowhere close to being how they described it on the commercials. I was disappointed that it wasn’t hot. To me, when you mix the sauce, with the pickled JalapeƱo’s, you get zip. When I order jalapenos, I want to be able to taste them. I did ask the guy in the window about the heat of the burger. When I looked at what was inside this burger, I found three very small jalapeno’s… What is up with that? And he said that all depends on what you are expecting. Well… I am expecting it to be HOT or ANGRY as the commercial says.

I am glad I tried it… I don’t go there very often… But now I know if I want to taste a burger that is hot, the closest so far is Sonic or Wendy’s. They use real jalapeƱos, not pickled ones. Another alternative is the volcano sauce at taco bell. At least there is a bite to that.

Sandie's Rating System:

Product Quality- Good but not as described
Price- Reasonable- $3.79 for the single meat, not the combo price
Location- Main Street next to Denny’s
Service- Very Good Service
Speed – Fast
Cleanliness- Went through the drive through
Atmosphere- Didn’t go inside, but if you go inside, it is casual

Final Thought- If you want something spicy and hot, this is not for you. But otherwise it was a good hamburger with a bit of a different flavor. I found the service was good, and the guy at the driver thru window was pleasant and fast.

P.S. Nutritional Facts were found on Burger Kings very own website.

Next Review- Rickshaws Asian Gourmet, St. George Utah

7 comments:

  1. At least Scott knows now to not get it. He likes the hot stuff. When do u want to hit Red Robin Yum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about next week... We can go there then. Or we can wait till Jessica gets here. I am sure she will want to go as well. But we can go more then once. lol. So if you want to set a date for next week, that would be good and then I can also give you the folder for the non-profit contracts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me for next week that way we can get most of the business out of the way before Jess gets here and wheb she gets here we can talk and just relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanna try for either monday or friday lunch

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about Friday. Mondays are crazy busy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good to me. is your blog only online my mom couldn't find it in the news paper. I liked that they did the. If we wanted to go during the week I would have to run away from Scotti also. he is out at 11am tuesday thru thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I think it is online at the Spectrum. The link is on the front page. I was kinda surprised. There are so many other blogs on there and for mine to be on the front page with a link... That was pretty cool

    ReplyDelete