Saturday

Buca di Beppo- St. George, Utah


1812 East Red Cliffs Drive
St. George, UT 84790

Phone: 435.627.6832

Mon - Thurs: 11:30am-10pm
Fri: 11:30am-11pm
Sat: 11:30am-11pm
Sun: 11:30am-10pm

Check out their website
Find them on Facebook
Sign up for E Club

Buca di Beppo is best described as a family-style Italian restaurant... If you don't know what that means, it is simple... When you sit down at your dinner table at home and your mom or whoever prepares your food, they place it on the table and you pass the plates around and enjoy each others company... This is what you get Buca di Beppo's... It's like having a family dinner in a restaurant without the cleanup... OH YEAH...

The first thing I noticed was the decor... Since moving to St. George, I don't think I have seen a place like this...

At first when we looked at the menu we were thinking it was a bit pricey... That was until our waiter explained to us that it is Family-Style dining...I happen to like this form of going out to dinner...If I was to open a restaurant, family dining is the kind I would go for...

The atmosphere was awesome and fun... You felt like you were in an Italian Restaurant and Mamma was in the kitchen cooking... A plus for me too is when you walk into a restuarant whether it is Mexican, American or Italian, you would want to hear the music from that country... Atleast I do... I would say they hit a home run with bringing Italy to St. George, Utah...

My husband and I ordered the Chicken Parmasean with a side a garlic mash potatoes... The chicken was boneless chicken breast that was lightly breaded and fried... So many times many places over bread and you don't get the full flavor of the meat... This was not the case...We also tried the Penne San Remo... Now this is my kind of pasta... It has artichoke hearts, tender chicken breast, peas, sun-dried tomatoes and nestled together in a spicy rosa sauce...There was so much food, we had to take it home and then have some tomorrow...

They have a very large selection of pastas, pizza, breads and the list goes on... You can check out their online menu... It will give you a better idea... They do dine in, carry out, parties, catering and not sure what else...

In the ladies restroom... 
OK ladies, if you have to go to the little girls room... You have to check out some of the pictures in there, lol... Really there are alot of awesome pictures and memorabilia all over the place...

They also have this room called the Popes Room... It is way cool... Really the whole place is interesting... If people weren't eating, I would have taken alot of pictures and looked around more...

As we were being seated, they brought out warm bread and a major plus for me is that they serve Pepsi products... Oh yeah... This is my kind of place...I was very surprised to hear that they have only been open a couple of days... The waiters, hostesses and manager had it down... They were all great and personable... One of the main things I notice when I go to a restaurant is how the manager interacts with his staff and the customers... Only a handful of managers that I have seen will go out and make sure everything is OK and talk to the guests... Brendon S. was the manager I talked to as he was making his rounds... I appreciate when a manager can take the time to find out how his restaurant is doing and interacting with everyone... That is a good manager...

The Popes Room
One of the interesting thing that I don't find in many places is that they offer a gluten free menu...With how many people have problems with gluten, myself included, this is great...

Overall Experience: Magnifico... I will for sure be going back there... Next time I think I will have to try their desserts... They look so yummy...

For those who have been in St. George for awhile, Bucas is where the old Ruby Tuesdays was at... It is outside the Red Cliffs Mall along Redcliffs Drive...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plan a long weekend getaway with our St. George adventure guide, featuring great outdoor escapes, where to stay, and where to eat.

    Saint George Travel

    ReplyDelete