Monday

IHOP- Washington Utah


IHOP



Today my brother in law Craig and my grandson went to IHOP for breakfast.  This was one of those hit and miss reviews. 

We were seated right away and the girl sitting us was fine, nothing great, but ok. We were greeted by our waitress. She asked us for our drink orders and gave JJ his kids menu. Craig and I ordered coffee, which was good, no complaints there and JJ wanted to have apple juice. The nice thing about IHOP which stands for International House of Pancakes is that they offer Pepsi products... 

We had to wait for some time after getting our drinks for the waitress to return to take our order... She did ask us if we were ready and I stated we were and she turned around and said that she would be back to get our order when we are ready. Hmmm, I didn't know when she asked us if we were ready if that was an open ended question or an option, but OK!

Finally she got to our table to take our order and I ordered the Mushroom and Spinach and Swiss Omelet w/pancakes instead of toast.  My omelet looked awesome, the only problem I had and it wasn't their fault, it was mine. I forgot to tell them that I didn't want the Hollandaise sauce on it, and I think they put more sauce than eggs in the omelet. I wasn't too happy with mine. Like I said it wasn't their fault. I should have remembered that they put that on the omelet. My pancakes I was totally not happy with. They were doughy and heavy. I took a few bites of them and they were so dry that I couldn't finish eating them... I have problems with bread products anyhow, but this was not what I would expect out of a pancake house. 

My brother in law ordered the Breakfast Sampler. He was mostly happy with his order. The Sampler comes with 2 eggs, sausage, 2 strips of bacon, 2 slices of ham, hashbrowns and choice of toast or pancakes. He decided to order the pancakes.  I think he would have been happier with the toast rather than the pancakes. The hash-browns looked alot better than they actually were. They were brown on the top, but the rest was not very crisp and not thoroughly cooked. 
JJ ordered the Rooty Junior. He was happy with his food also. He is three years old, so it is always a coin toss as to what he will and won't eat. He loved his apple juice, bacon and sausage. Not too sure on what he thought about the pancakes. He only took one bite and that was about it. 

This order actually comes with whipped cream, but I had them leave that off or he would only eat that and nothing else. I think they should let  me order what he had, it would be perfect size for anyone... 

What I have found with the particular location is that service all depends on when you come. There are times we get great service, horrible service and like today, it was OK.  The last time I was there, it was awesome. The restrooms needed to be cleaned and I don't like how you have to walk behind the drink station and such to get to the bathrooms which are public. 

Overall Rating and Experience: 


Cleanliness: For the most part it was clean, bathrooms needed tending however
Customer Service: It was OK... nothing more nothing less
Atmosphere: Family style and friendly
Price: Moderately Priced
Beverages Available:  They offer Pepsi Products


Overall Experience: 

It wasn't great, but not totally bad... The one good thing about IHOP is that they offer a really good Fitness and Fit Menu (under 600 calories), they have days where kids and seniors eat free... I didn't catch the days they offer this on, and for a limited time they have brought back the unlimited pancakes. If you want more information on this, then you can call the number at the top of this review.  A positive is that they serve Pepsi as I stated before.  You can also find some good coupons from time to time. They also offer specials in the Dixie Direct Discount Book


4 comments:

  1. Their food is always heavy and greasy to us and we dont care for it. Thank you for the review though. next time we need to go to pizza factory express by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we can go there... I like them :) I think they are a bit expensive but good food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So was the pancakes doughy or dry? You said: My pancakes I was totally not happy with. They were doughy and heavy. I took a few bites of them and they were so dry that I couldn't finish eating them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine was doughy and uneatable...

    ReplyDelete