Sunday

Dickey's Barbecue Pit- Bloomington, Utah

JJ Says Thumbs UP
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
2610 Pioneer Rd
St. George, Utah 84790 
At the Bloomington Turnoff by Walmart

P: 435.674.1206
Catering: 1.866.BARBECUE
stgeorgedickeys@gmail.com
Store Hours:
Open Daily 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM

My name is Sandie Divan and I am the owner of Southern Utah Food Reviews... This review is being done by two new reviewers that have joined the team in helping to bring an honest perspective to restaurants in Southern Utah. Thank you Lynn and Jessie for providing this review for us...

Jesse and Lynn Weaver 
This past week I was invited to have lunch at Dickey's BBQ located in Bloomington near Walmart at 2610 Pioneer Road. I admit to being leery about eating there because I'm usually not a barbecue type, but Dickey's changed my mind. First of all, my notions of a barbecue pit complete with flies and greasy food was dispelled by the cleanliness and good food served up by the friendly employees. 


My daughter Jesse, friend Bridgette and myself we faced with a wide range of choices from chicken, turkey, pulled pork, and Polish sausage to name a few. Included in the meal options are various side orders which can seem overwhelming to the barbecue novice, but makes ordering a lot of fun. Jesse had the little Hoagie sandwich with turkey, waffle fires and potato casserole. Bridgette had the Chicken Hoagie with side orders of coleslaw and macaroni and cheese. I chose the kid's meal with a Polish sausage sandwich and a side of fried okra. None of us were able to eat all of the food, but we enjoyed the tastes of all the side orders. Best side order was was the potato casserole, with real potatoes, cheese and chives. Yum! The macaroni and cheese was totally consumed, and the fried okra was OK but at least it was on the menu. Also available were free, crisp pickle spears which were a pleasant surprise. I restrained myself from making multiple trips to the pickle jar, but with difficulty. My polish sausage was good, I dipped it in different sauces for variety. One thing we especially liked was that the sandwich bread was not soggy, nor was it over-toasted to make it hard. For once, we all ate the bread. For desert, free ice cream was "on tap", which made me feel like we got a great deal. Put that together with the souvenir cup which can be used for discounted drinks on my next visit, and I know I will be back. 


Dickey's BBQ is open on Sunday and kids eat for FREE with each paying adult, which is a no-brainier for me. Dickey's is open daily from 11:00 am-9:00 pm, and has a drive through for added convenience.  On top of all that, Dickey's services include catering with very reasonable prices. St. George is lucky to have a restaurant that really thinks about its patrons by providing quality food choices, a clean and friendly environment and reasonable prices. 
                                                 By Lynn Weaver 


Last week, Sandie Divan, the creator of Southern Utah Food reviews, gave me the opportunity to participate in a food review at Dickey's BBQ Pit. I was able to try a couple of the sides and a main dish. I had The Little Hoagie, a side of Potato Casserole, and a side of Waffle Fries. The Little Hoagie is a sandwich filled with the meat of your choice, turkey in my case, and the original BBQ sauce. The Potato Casserole was my favorite food out of everything I tried at Dickey's. It has the perfect amount of seasoning and toppings, which truly made it stand out. I was told the Waffle Fries are a popular side at Dickey's. I was hoping the fries would have a unique taste to them, but they were good. 
After we were completely satisfied and stuffed from out delicious food, we helped ourselves to free ice cream. Bridgette and I filled our cups with root beer and vanilla ice cream, which, according to the staff, happens all the time! 


         During our meals, the staff continually walked by, making sure the tables were clean and everything was in order. I was happy to see how much they talked to the customers, always making sure they were happy and enjoying the food. 
I know I will be back to Dickey's again for thier fantastic food and outstanding customer service.


                          By Jesse Weaver


In Closing: This is Sandie  Divan adding to this... This restaurant is very clean and friendly. It's easy to get in and out of... They offer Coke products and have daily lunch specials. The portions are generous and the employees are very friendly and helpful... The management team is awesome and they are there to take care of you.  I am going to post the flyer for their daily specials on here... You can also join Southern Utah Food Reviews Facebook... Specials will be posted there.... 


                                     Overall Experience: 


Price: Reasonable
Atmopsphere: Casual and Family Oriented
Cleanliness: Very clean


Other: Like I said they serve Coke... I'm not a Coke person, but there are other options available.... Even the police officers go there to eat... So how can you go wrong... I love that they offer free ice cream, pickles and that the employees make it an enjoyable experience... There are many options available, you can dine in, carry out, drive through, cater and I am sure there may be other things... They seem willing to please and go out of their way for your business... 

1 comment:

  1. I love Dickies BBQ! I'm anxious for our next trip to Utah so we can have some more!

    ReplyDelete