Tuesday

The Brick Oven- St. George Utah

435-628-5800.
1410 E. St George Blvd
10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. - Mon – Thursday
10:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. - Friday  - Saturday

My husband, grandson and myself went to the Brick Oven in St. George Utah yesterday and found that it was better than the first time I went there. I have to say though that the first time I went there was shortly after they opened and this was the first time I have been back, all thanks to the Dixie Direct Card.

As we entered the restaurant, we were greeted and seated promptly. The first thing I noticed was that they weren't a regular pizza joint. The decor was awesome.! I even told my husband that I liked the decor more than Olive Garden. It has a homey fill to it. 

My husband ordered the Calzone and was pleased with it. He is pretty picky about his food, so I was glad they had things on the menu that was good for him.The Calzone was loaded with hot cheese and pepperoni. The cheese flowed out of the Calzone as you would expect it to.  We ordered the side salad that came with it for myself. I recently ate breakfast, so I chose not to order anything today. The only negative and it was entirely my own fault is that I should have ordered the dressing on the side like I normally do. I wasn't pleased with the dressing, but that is only because I'm not much of a person for dressing on my salads.  

My grandson JJ ordered the Chicken Nuggets with Mandarin Oranges... They offered a generous serving to JJ and we had to take them home with us. He loved the Mandarin Oranges... He was happier with them than anything else. His meal also came with garlic bread and a child's drink. They made their own root beer and he was very happy with it. He ended his meal with one of their big lollipops.  They offer a birthday club for the children which is awesome... I know my grandson loves getting his birthday cards in the mail that is addressed to him.

I am going to at some point do a followup review of the Soup and Salad Bar when I go there next unless someone wants to give me a gift certificate (hint to my niece,lol). It would be nice to see how they do for dinner that includes the pizza and salad bar since that is what they are known for.

Over All Experience:  JJ says it is a Thumbs Up

Service: Very Good- Our waitress was there to refill and friendly
Price: The lunches are very reasonable and they have a lunch special that is $5.99. That is for the Soup, Salad and Bread sticks...
Cleanliness: Very Clean
Atmosphere:  I really enjoyed the atmosphere and it was very relaxed.

There was one negative for both my husband and I and that is that they offer coke products. They do offer alternatives such as root beer, tea and water.

Additional Information:

St George Brick Oven Dine-In Specials


Monday Night Special – Free Root Beer with pizza order.
Lunch Special for $5.99 – All you can eat Salad Bar, Soup, and Bread
Dinner Special for $9.99 – Market Room Buffet

1 comment:

  1. IMHO: We were there over the Easter weekend. With eight people in our party, we all found the food bland and uninspired. The waitress was plain rude. Both my wife and cousin left comment cards to the affect. We will never eat there again.

    ReplyDelete